Subject Intent: Why Business?
Key contemporary developments in the labour market such as digital technology, big data and the impact of globalisation are considered within the business curriculum. Opportunities to interact with industry is firmly embedded in the curriculum and students have regular opportunities to apply key employability skills in both the classroom and in the wider work-related opportunities that being a business student offers.
Why should I study this subject?
Business Studies is an enjoyable topical subject that is highly regarded by employers and higher education institutions alike. Studying the subject will give you a great understanding of decisions made every day by businesses that go on to affect you and your daily life, from where your products are sourced to the reasons why certain businesses might fail. There is lots of application within the subject and you will regularly apply your classroom knowledge to current events occurring in the world around you.
What will I study?
• Business as a whole, including ownership, stakeholders and aims of the business
• Business and key functional areas (HR, Marketing, Operations and Finance)
• Business in the context of their external and competitive environments
• Analysing key performance indicators for business in finance, marketing and HR.
• The impact of threats in the business environment and the extent to which different businesses are affected investment appraisal
• Innovation in business
• Managing change
• Business operations in international markets
• The role of a leader
• Organisational culture
• Why business strategy fails
Studying this course has given me perspective on business management and the different aspects of running a business. I feel that this course will have given me the necessary knowledge and skills to take the next step towards owning and running my own business.
Dixons City Academy
What are the entry requirements?
Please check this subject table for full details of our A Level entry requirements.