WJEC Diploma in Medical Science
Why should I study the subject?
Medical Science is ideal if you enjoy and are successful at science, especially Biology and are interested in a career related to healthcare and medical research. Medical science develops key scientific principles and skills to support progress to higher education or employment such as problem solving, organisation and analytical skills. The course is assessed using a mixture of exams and controlled assessment.
What will I study?
- Human health and disease, looks at biological molecules and human body systems.
- Physiological measurement techniques, looks at how some physiological conditions can be diagnosed.
- Medical Science research methods, looks at how we decide if lifestyle effects health.
- Medicines and the treatment of disease, looks at how medicines work and interact with the body.
- Clinical laboratory techniques, looks at how biochemical and microbiological tests can be used to diagnose disease.
- Medical case study, a synoptic unit assessing all of the other units and how they link together.
What are the entry requirements?