Available to study at:
Subject Intent: Why Business?
Key contemporary developments in the labour market such as digital technology, big data and the impact of globalisation are considered within the business curriculum. Opportunities to interact with industry are firmly embedded in the curriculum and students have regular opportunities to apply key employability skills in both the classroom and in the wider work-related opportunities that being a business student offers.
Why should I study this subject?
These Vocational Courses focus on the education and training of students who are interested in a career in business. In addition, they provide the opportunity to learn and develop skills for employment. They can also lead to further study in Business related fields at university. BTEC Business course offers 2 qualifications:
• BTEC Extended Certificate which over 2 years is equivalent to 1 A-Level and will cover 3 mandatory units plus an additional 1 optional unit
• BTEC Diploma which over 2 years is equivalent to 2 A-Levels and will cover 6 mandatory units plus an additional 2 optional units
Mandatory units will consist of assignments set and marked internally, a task set and marked by Pearson, and a written exam.
What will I study?
The course contains both exams and coursework, involves both theory and practical application, and covers a wide range of business related topics including the following:
• Exploring business
• Developing a marketing campaign
• Personal and business finance
• Managing an event
• Recruitment and selection process
• Team building
• Investigating customer service
• Work experience in business
What are the entry requirements?