On Saturday 15th January, NCB students, their parents and College staff visited the University of Hull Open Day. This fantastic opportunity was organised by the University of Hull and provided our students and their parents with the chance to experience a university environment. The motto for the University of Hull Open Event was ‘See It, Feel It and Live It’, and we certainly did. With tours of the beautiful ivy-clad red brick campus, live music tents, subject specific events and lectures, there was so much for our students and their parents to do.
This event was a highlight of the New College Bradford ENGAGE Programme which aims to work with parents and the wider community to take an active role in ensuring our students learn, succeed and progress. Here’s what some of the students and their parents had to say about the University of Hull Open Day:
- A great trip. The New College and University staff were brilliant and went the extra mile to take great care of us.
- I am glad we came on the trip. It was really beneficial and we learned a lot about what my child can expect when he moves on to university.
- We spent longer than expected exploring the University Library. It had 7 floors with some really rare old books on the top floor.
- We were really impressed by the University of Hull. There were brilliant facilities and all the staff and students were really proud and enthusiastic which was encouraging to see. As a parent, it made me wish I was having my time at university again!
- The quality of the facilities and resources was really impressive.
- A very encouraging atmosphere. Made me feel more comfortable about my grandchild going to university. Thank you to everyone involved for giving up your Saturday to give us parents (and grandparents) this opportunity.
- We had a fantastic day. I never managed to go to university and I didn’t know what to expect, but the day made me feel less nervous. I really enjoyed the guided tour of Hull and the student telling us what life is like for a university student.
For those NCB students and parents who were unable to join us on this ENGAGE event, further information about the University of Hull can be found at https://www.hull.ac.uk/choose-hull/student-life We want to thank the University of Hull for providing this amazing opportunity to our NCB students and their parents.
If you want to see how the ENGAGE programme can support you and your child at New College Bradford, why not come to our final Open Evening of the academic year on Monday 7th February 2022, 5pm to 7pm.