My name is Richard Fletcher and I’m the CEO of the New Collaborative Learning Trust. My job involves working with Trust Leaders and Directors, to set the vision and values for the Trust, agree its strategic priorities, along with building a culture where each College/Academy sees itself as being part of something bigger. This is how we strategically fulfil our expectation that every young person in the Trust matters.
On a day to day basis I work with the Principals and senior staff in each of the Trust’s 3 Colleges: New College Pontefract, New College Doncaster and New College Bradford and in our Secondary School, Wingfield Academy in Rotherham.
One of the reasons why we formed the Trust 6 years ago, was to share the successful educational model established at Pontefract. This journey has now taken us to the communities of Doncaster, Bradford and Rotherham, in the heart of Yorkshire. We genuinely believe in the power and influence of education and everything we do centres around our students receiving a first-class education and student experience.
We want to make a significant difference to the lives of young people and ultimately make a positive contribution to social mobility. We also believe that working in a Multi-Academy Trust significantly benefits all of our students and staff, and enables us to achieve the goals we set ourselves each year.
I’m proud to say that we are a successful Trust, because we ensure our students are taught by the very best teachers. Our educational model is distinctive, evidence-based and proven to work.
To finish, I feel it’s important to outline the Trust’s Teaching for Learning vision, as this is what really underpins our culture.
With this, we aim to:
- Equip every student with the knowledge, skills and behaviours necessary to achieve outstanding outcomes.
- Build a deep understanding and common language around how we learn.
- Bring together the best available evidence around memory and learning, in a coherent set of actionable principles.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement in which it is every teachers’ obligation to improve their practice.
- Provide personalised, evidence-informed CPD, to focus the development of teachers on aspects of their practice that will have the greatest impact on their students.
Thank you for reading and please feel free to browse our Trust website at nclt.ac.uk or visit any of our 4 institutions’ websites within the Trust to gain more information.