Apprenticeships are increasingly becoming a desired option for students leaving New College. The range of options with level 3 and the new Degree Apprenticeships on offer make a great alternative to university and a vital chance to train in the workplace.
UCAS offer a good insight into apprenticeships as an option for after college.
The Scholarship Hub also offers good information on Degree Apprenticeships.
At New College we would like to see all students prepared for employment, and many students choose to go directly into the world of work or further training once they have left college. Links to useful sites to support your career planning include:
The New College Careers blog also contains posts about School Leaver Programmes aimed at Post 18 students.
- A-Z Job Profiles As the title suggests an A to Z list of job profiles.
- Apprenticeships The Government’s website on apprenticeships.
- Career Box – Videos of different careers.
- Careers in Construction – Searchable database for vacancies in construction.
- Careers-Gateway – Excellent site that can be used as a starting point for finding information on careers and professions.
- Future Goals —A platform provided by the local LEP to support careers inspiration for all ages in the Leeds City Region.
- Jobs for students – Student Jobs, Internships And Graduate Jobs. Bringing you the latest student jobs, part time jobs, temporary jobs, internships and graduate jobs and the best deals for students.
- Not Going to Uni is an independent advice & careers portal for school & college leavers who don’t feel that university is for them.
- StepUp (Wakefield Employment Hub)—Provides support and advice for those aged between 15 and 24 looking at employment, apprenticeships and training.