On Saturday 7th October, 55 NCB students and their parents visited the University of Hull Open Day. This fantastic opportunity was organised by the University of Hull and provided our students and their parents with the chance to experience a university environment. The motto for the University of Hull Open Event was ‘See It, Feel It and Live It’, and we certainly did. With tours of the beautiful ivy-clad red brick campus, live music tents, subject specific events and lectures, there was so much for our students and their parents to do.
This event is a highlight of the New College Bradford ENGAGE Programme which aims to work with parents and the wider community to take an active role in ensuring our students learn, succeed and progress. New College Bradford is committed to widening participation in learning. You can find out about Family Learning opportunities at https://ncbradford.ac.uk/engage-family-learning/
If your child is not currently a New College Bradford student, and you want to find out how we support students and their families with progression, why not visit one of our Open Events:
• Open Day – Saturday 14th October 2023, 10am – 2pm
• Open Evening – Tuesday 14th November 2023, 4.30pm – 7.30pm
• Open Evening – Monday 8th July 2024, 4pm – 6pm (Current Year 10)
Here’s what our parents and students had to say about the ENGAGE event to the University of Hull:
- As a parent, I have gained a valuable insight into what it is like for a young person studying Law.
- It was a very successful day for our family. The University of Hull staff were very welcoming and it seemed a very safe environment. This was really important for us.
- It was an amazing event providing a great insight into not only the courses but also the atmosphere and life at university.
- The Media Productions tour was great and informative.
- I was enlightened, particularly about the nursing course. We got to understand the different career opportunities in nursing. I was able to see university life from a student’s perspective.
- The tour was very interesting and gave me a better understanding of what life is like for a university student. I could ask lots of questions to current students. This was an excellent idea to help us visit the Open Day.
- We really appreciated the fact that this opportunity was free, including the transport, food and refreshments.
- I felt reassured about the financial aspects of student life for my child and family.
- I would like to thank New College Bradford and the University of Hull for the opportunity to visit the Open Day. The chance to see and speak to the lecturers was invaluable. It has enhanced my daughters thoughts on what she has to do to achieve her goals.