apply

NCB Students and their Parents ‘See It, Feel It and Live It’ with an Open Day visit to the University of Hull

On Saturday 1st October, 38 NCB students, their parents and College staff visited the University of Hull Open Day.  This fantastic opportunity was organised by the University of Hull and provided our students and their parents with the chance to experience a university environment.  The motto for the University of Hull Open Event was ‘See It, Feel It and Live It’, and we certainly did.  With tours of the beautiful ivy-clad red brick campus, live music tents, subject specific events and lectures, there was so much for our students and their parents to do.  A couple of our staff had a go at the sport Lacrosse, and we even bumped into an ex-New College Bradford student who is now studying midwifery at the University of Hull.  

This event is a highlight of the New College Bradford ENGAGE Programme which aims to work with parents and the wider community to take an active role in ensuring our students learn, succeed and progress.  New College Bradford is committed to widening participation in learning.  You can find out about Family Learning opportunities at https://ncbradford.ac.uk/engage-family-learning/

Here’s what our parents and students had to say about the ENGAGE event to the University of Hull:

• ‘The university staff and students were very friendly.  I would definitely consider applying here.’
  • ‘Lots of great information. I feel more confident about my child leaving college and going to university.’
  • ‘Amazing experience.’
  • ‘Found the experience enlightening and very informative.’
  • ‘The staff were extremely helpful and unbiased, offering help without pushing their university.  They gave my child advice on her personal statement.’
  • ‘I particularly liked the Law Department.  One of the lecturers answered our questions and showed us around the Law Clinic.’
  • ‘I feel more confident about my son going to university.  I will definitely be organising other visits to universities.’
  • ‘Thought the atmosphere was an experience not to miss, great surroundings, beautiful grounds and homely feeling.  Quality throughout the whole experience.’
  • ‘We listened to the welcome talk.  It was nice to hear about the student experience, which was reassuring, especially for a parent hoping to send their child out to an unfamiliar environment.’
  • ‘We listened to the talk in the Physics Department (my daughters’ area of interest) and it’s nice to know that there are a good number of female students.  This was important as I had always imagined physics to be for male students.’

New Collaborative Learning Trust New College Pontefract Logo New College Doncaster Logo New College Bradford Logo Wingfield Academy Anston Greenlands Primary School Redscope Primary School Thorpe Hesley Primary School
New Collaborative Learning Trust
Ofsted Outstanding Provider Logo
Artsmark Silver Award - Awarded by Arts Council England Logo
Teaching School Hub Bradford Logo
Teaching School Hub Barnsley and Doncaster Logo
Teaching School Hub Selby and Wakefield Logo
Disability Confident Employment Leader
Investors in Diversity Logo
Proud to be Fredie, fairness in the workplace  Logo

Click here to login to

Cedar Logo