Subject Intent: Why History?
What will I study?
- How effectively did the Tudors restore and develop the powers of the monarchy?
- How did relations with foreign powers change and how was the succession secured?
- How did English society and economy change and with what effects?
- How far did intellectual and religious ideas change and develop and with what effects?
- How important was the role of key individuals and groups?
- Leninism and Stalinism
- Ideological control and dictatorship
Please note: Subject videos have been filmed from colleges across our Trust.
What are lessons like in this subject?
I have enjoyed studying history this year because it involves not just exam questions, but also learning more about the countries and the era, which broadens your knowledge. It’s not all about statistics and dates, you also learn about personality and relationships of the famous characters like Henry VIII and Stalin, which has really interested me. There is a good mix of own knowledge and picking out data, which makes history a perfect lesson to study.
Matthew Lovell, Buttershaw Business and Enterprise College