Planning for Employment
At New College we would like to see all students prepared for employment, and many students choose to go directly into the world of work or further training once they have left college. Links to useful sites to support your career planning include:
- Success at School – Career Zones
- Barclays Life Skills
- Not Going to Uni
- National Careers Service
- The New College Careers blog also contains posts about School Leaver Programmes aimed at Post 18 students.
- A-Z Job Profiles – An A to Z list of job profiles.
- Apprenticeships – The Government’s website on apprenticeships.
- Career Box – Videos of different careers.
- Careers in Construction – Searchable database for vacancies in construction.
- Careers-Gateway – Excellent site that can be used as a starting point for finding information on careers and professions.
- Jobs for students – Student Jobs, Internships And Graduate Jobs. Bringing you the latest student jobs, part time jobs, temporary jobs, internships and graduate jobs and the best deals for students.
- Not Going to Uni – is an independent advice & careers portal for school & college leavers who don’t feel that university is for them.
- StepUp (Wakefield Employment Hub) – Provides support and advice for those aged between 15 and 24 looking at employment, apprenticeships and training.
“What an amazing 2 years it’s been, and in all honesty, I really don’t want to leave. I’ll be leaving lots of memories and friends behind as well as many great teachers… and most of all, the amount of support I have had over these 2 extremely short years. Can’t believe I’m leaving! Thank you once again for the support, and putting up with me for 2 years, it’s been great!”
Year 13 Student